Members of the New York State Chapter are effectively and efficiently connected to state and regional issues. New York State Chapter members acquire information and tools to assist them in their practice; gain access to educational opportunities; and are provided with current information pertaining to state regulations, third-party payer claims, and new legislation. In addition, the New York State Chapter intervenes on behalf of its members to clarify third party payer policies, to suggest modifications in such policies that benefit patient care, and to prevent preclusion of cardiologists in the provision of cardiovascular services.
Additional member benefits include:
- Expert advice and assistance on managed care contracts, service denials, Medicare, workers’ compensation and commercial claims, as well as other reimbursement issues from the New York State Chapter’s consultant.
- The Abrams, Fensterman, Eisman, Greenberg, Formato & Einiger legal services program - offering members assistance from attorneys with extensive knowledge in matters relating to health care law. New York State Chapter members receive an initial telephone consultation, at no charge, on legal issues specific to medical practice. Additional services, if necessary, are billed on a discounted fee basis.
- Specialty coding and reimbursement seminars, discounted to New York State Chapter Members.
- Educational opportunities including conferences, workshops, and lectures of the highest caliber designed to stimulate scientific inquiry and discussion, and to promote up-to-date clinical practice.
- Legislative alerts
- Quarterly Newsletters- designed to keep members abreast of New York State Chapter activities and informed on items of interest to the cardiovascular community.
- Blast e-mail and broadcast fax - selectively used to disseminate information to the membership.
- Full Time Office Staff - to serve the needs of members