Restrictions on use
This site is owned and operated by The New York State Chapter, American College of Cardiology ("The New York State Chapter") and contains material which is derived in whole or in part from material supplied by The New York State Chapter, and other sources, and is protected by international copyright and trademark laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from this site including code and software. You may download material from this site for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
License to The New York State Chapter
By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this service, you are granting The New York State Chapter a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to:
- Use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such communication.
- Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.
The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, servicemark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
The New York State Chapter has provided links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Neither The New York State Chapter, its subsidiary companies nor their affiliates operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on these third-party sites. The materials in this site and the third-party sites are provided ˘as is÷ and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, The New York State Chapter disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The New York State Chapter does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including bulletin boards, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. The New York State Chapter does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. You (and not The New York State Chapter) assume the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair or correction.
This service may include bulletin boards and chat rooms ("bulletin boards") which allow feedback to The New York State Chapter and real-time interaction between users. The New York State Chapter does not control the messages, information or files delivered to bulletin boards. It is a condition of your use of the bulletin boards and this Web site that you do not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the bulletin boards.
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or which contains advertising.
You understand that The New York State Chapter has no obligation to monitor the bulletin boards. However, The New York State Chapter reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in The New York State ChapterĂs sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these terms and conditions.
Limitation of liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall The New York State Chapter, its subsidiary and parent companies or affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, The New York State Chapter materials. You specifically acknowledge and agree that The New York State Chapter is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any The New York State Chapter material, or with any of The New York State ChapterĂs terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using The New York State Chapter.
This agreement is effective until terminated by The New York State Chapter, at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the bulletin boards and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the bulletin boards, the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement, shall survive.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.